Team Behavior Change Facilitator Guide
Reflect on how team behaviors impact team performance. Collectively and consciously commit to which behaviors you will engage in going forward
Behavior change is hard work. It takes time. It takes discipline, practice, and shared accountability. Some guidelines as you begin your team effectiveness journey:
- Be comfortable with non-closure.
- Have compassion for your teammates.
- Remain curious and open.
- Approach new behaviors like a scientist, not a lawyer
– you’re testing a hypothesis to see what new results
you can get, not collecting evidence for your defense.
- Respectfully refer back to these inclusive principles
when you feel a team member is demonstrating
- Practice, practice, practice – that’s how behaviors
- Praise and encourage those who demonstrate
inclusive behaviors. Positive psychology is powerful!